Sunday, August 23, 2009

WHERE do you KNIT?


I've heard so often from people, as they watch me knit that they "just don't have the time". This always amuses me! We probably all have more time then we realize! How often do we make use of those little moments that come our way - bits of time that are spent waiting for things, or visiting when we could also be using our hands?

So, WHERE DO YOU KNIT??

I knit everywhere - seriously! I knit at home, I knit if there is a movie on, or the news showing. I knit while I call out spelling words for my son (he's homeschooled). I knit while I'm riding in the car or bus, waiting at the doctor's office, and while watching my children's soccer games. I knit at the park while my children play. I knit a few stitches while I'm making supper, waiting for a pot to boil. I knit while I visit with friends, or talk on the phone. I knit at meetings, I knit during my lunch hour, I knit while I memorize, I even knit at the shopping mall if I'm sitting for some reason. I knit everywhere I find a few moments of "wasted" time.

Does that mean I'm knitting constantly? No, of course it doesn't - there are plenty of times when I don't have any moments to fill, but it does mean that I try to be aware of the time that I do have, and use it accordingly.

So, before you tell me you don't have time, consider your days and the time that gets wasted while you wait for things, or commute, or watch tv, or talk on the phone - chances are that you DO have the time - you just need to make it work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment